Well summer is starting to wind down and school is just around the corner. That means Teachers Pay Teachers is having a site wide sale. It also means that Speech News Room is hosting a “What’s in Your Cart?” links party. Thanks Jenna!
Here are three products that I think you will find helpful for the start of school:
1. Story Mapping and Sequencing: Folk Tales (Stories Included). Here is my newest product. I have discounted it 50% for the sale plus using the TpT 10% off code (BestYear) makes it a great deal. This one is great year round to work in small groups or one-on-one. Use familiar stories to work on story comprehension, sequencing, story retelling & answering questions. Stories included are “Three Billy Goats Gruff,” “The Enormous Turnip,” “The Little Red Hen,” “The Three Little Pigs,” & “Goldilocks and the Three Bears.”
2. Apples: Original Story, Phonological Awareness & Language Pack. Read an engaging story about a little girl sharing apples. Does she share an apple with a bear? A Shark? Then use different cards, activities & worksheets to address answering a variety questions, sorting by syllables, identifying initial sounds & more.
3. Kindergarten: Speech and Language Screen. This was designed for teachers, aids or SLPA’s to complete. It can be used throughout the year as a screen or as an observation form for SLPs. It looks at classroom functioning, language skills & speech intelligibility. It typically takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Now the following are products that I have been eyeing to put into my cart:
1. Language Builders School Activity Scenes by Tech ‘n Talk SLPs. I’m always looking for different ways to build student’s vocabulary. This looks like a very comprehensive product.
2. 10 Weeks to Communicating with 40 Core Words for beginning AAC users by Susan Berkowitz. I’m always looking for good AAC products. This looks like it fits the bill & it will be great for the beginning of the school year.
3. Dandelion Q-tip Painting. This looks great for getting lots of artic practice plus so many of the students I work with love to paint!